(718) 859-5392
1012 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11230

Child Birth Abroad (CBRA) Consultancy Services

  • Home
  • Child Birth Abroad (CBRA) Consultancy Services

Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)

CRBA is a document certificate that defines your child was a U.S. citizen at the time of birth in case your child was born abroad.
  • General Question
Currently, processing times are roughly 15 working days including the child’s first passport.
For pricing and further assistance, please email us at immigration@syedpro.com or contact us via whatsapp through website or you can simply view our contact us page for further information on HOW TO CONTACT US. And an Immigration Assistant from our office will get back to you as soon as possible.
It is recommended to apply as soon as possible following the birth of your child.

Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) Consultancy Services USA

If you are a US citizen who was born outside of the United States, you may need to obtain a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) to prove your citizenship. A CRBA is an official document that serves as evidence of your US citizenship and is issued by the US Department of State’s Passport Services.

At Syed Professional Services, we provide expert consultancy services to help you navigate the CRBA application process and obtain the necessary documentation for proving your citizenship. In this guide, we will provide you with a comprehensive overview of CRBA eligibility requirements, the application process, supporting documents, fees and processing time, and FAQs.

Eligibility for CRBA

To be eligible for a CRBA, you must meet the following requirements:

-) You were born outside of the United States.

-) At least one of your parents is a US citizen at the time of your birth.

-) Your US citizen parent(s) meets certain residency requirements.

-) Your US citizen parent(s) can provide sufficient documentation to prove their citizenship and relationship to you.

CRBA Application Process

The CRBA application process can be complex and time-consuming, but our consultancy services can make it easier for you. 

Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you complete the application:

-) Obtain and complete the DS-2029 application form.

-) Collect and submit all required supporting documents, including proof of citizenship, identity, and relationship to your US citizen parent(s).

-) Schedule an appointment at a US embassy or consulate in your country of birth or residence.

-) Attend the appointment with all required documents and payment for fees.

-) Wait for your application to be processed and your CRBA to be issued.

Supporting Documents for CRBA

To obtain a CRBA, you will need to provide several supporting documents. These may include:

-) Your original birth certificate

-) Your US citizen parent(s)’ proof of citizenship

-) Your US citizen parent(s)’ proof of physical presence in the United States

-) Any relevant adoption or custody documents

-) Your valid passport or other identity documents

-) Our consultancy services can help you obtain and prepare these documents, and ensure that you meet all necessary requirements for a successful application.

CRBA Fees and Processing Time

The fees for a CRBA can vary depending on your location and the services you require. Our consultancy services can provide you with up-to-date information on the fees and payment options available.

The processing time for a CRBA application can also vary, but typically takes between 4-6 weeks. Our consultancy services can provide tips for expediting the process if necessary.

FAQs about CRBA

Here are some frequently asked questions about CRBA:

-) What is the difference between a CRBA and a US passport?

A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) is a document that proves a child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is also a U.S. citizen at birth. On the other hand, a U.S. passport is an official travel document issued by the U.S. government to its citizens for international travel. While a CRBA establishes citizenship, a passport is used to prove identity and citizenship when traveling internationally.

Can I apply for a CRBA if my US citizen parent has passed away?

No, it is not possible to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) if your U.S. citizen parent has passed away. A CRBA can only be issued while the U.S. citizen parent is alive and able to provide the necessary documentation and testimony. In such cases, the only option is to apply for a U.S. passport through the normal application process.

Can I apply for a CRBA if my US citizen parent(s) were not married at the time of my birth?

Yes, you may be eligible to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) even if your U.S. citizen parent(s) were not married at the time of your birth, as long as your U.S. citizen parent meets the required citizenship and residency criteria. However, additional evidence and documentation may be required to establish your claim to U.S. citizenship.

What happens if my CRBA application is denied?

If your Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) application is denied, you may still be eligible to apply for a U.S. passport or other documentation that establishes your U.S. citizenship. If you believe the denial was made in error or due to a misunderstanding, you may be able to request a review of your case or file an appeal. However, if you are unable to establish your U.S. citizenship, you may not be eligible for certain rights and benefits associated with U.S. citizenship.

Our consultancy services can provide clear and concise answers to common questions about CRBA.

Why Use our Services?

Obtaining a CRBA can be a complex and time-consuming process, but our consultancy services at Syed Professionals can help you navigate it with ease. Our team of experts is dedicated to providing you with the guidance and support you need to obtain the necessary documentation for a successful application.

Whether you’re a US citizen living abroad or a parent seeking to prove your child’s citizenship, we are here to assist you every step of the way. Don’t let the CRBA application process overwhelm you – let us help you obtain your CRBA quickly and efficiently.

Contact us today to learn more about our CRBA consultancy services or to schedule a consultation with one of our experts. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you establish your US citizenship with ease.

Open chat
Welcome to Syed Professionals!
How can we help you?