Work Permit (I-765)


Form I-765 is used to apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), also known as a “work permit”. This documents is issued by the USCIS, allowing the holder to legally work in the United States. Some foreign nationals who are temporarily in the U.S may request for an employment authorization document. An EAD card is issued for a specific period of time based on the alien’s immigration status.

It is important for you to identify which category applied to you when filing  form I-765,

  1. Asylee/Refugees
  2. Nationality
  3. Foreign Students
  4. Employment-Based Non-immigrant
  5. Family Based Non-immigrant
  6. EAD Applicants who have already filed for Adjustment of Status

The U.S Department fee for form I-765 is $410.00, however if your income is below the U.S Poverty Line we may request the fee to be waived.

For further assistant please email us at with the subject line being Work Permit.